Ginn Sur Mer was the original name of a grand development currently under construction at West End, Grand Bahamas.
In 2008, Ginn (the previous developer) defaulted on a massive construction loan, leaving the bank Credit Suisse a substantial amount of property within the development. Credit Suisse and Lubert Adler (the company that provided the initial funding for the project) recently removed Ginn as developer, along with the name “Ginn Sur Mer”. A new name for the development, and plans to complete the amenities, has yet to be disclosed.
Flickr Tag Error: Bad call to display set '72157625738606321'
Error state follows:
- type: 2
- message: file_get_contents(http://api.flickr.com/services/rest/?api_key=3527841ff32cd1dc7a1d7dbe710ee882&auth_token=72157625846242160-498f6399e18281d5&extras=original_format&format=php_serial&method=flickr.photosets.getPhotos&photoset_id=72157625738606321&privacy_filter=1&api_sig=10d11b82e0dd452872cf492e6fe6883e): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden
- file: /web/westendowners.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/flickr-tag/FlickrTagCommon.php
- line: 176
Much of the infrastructure for the development has been completed (utilities, canals, airport, golf course, roads), but no buildings are in place yet. You can find updates of the construction here.
Ginn sur Mer was originally envisioned as a palatial, $4.9 billion master-planned development, with 1400 single home sites and 4000+ condo hotel units. During the sales process 2006-2008, some 220 lots were sold before sales were suspended due to the loan default. The original plans for the development was elaborate, with the following amenities marketed:
- Arnold Palmer-designed golf course (95% completed)
- Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course
- Grand canal with water taxis and gondolas (completed)
- 55,000 sq. ft. casino
- Mega-yacht marina (completed, less docks)
- Private airport (completed)
- Full-service spa
- Fitness center
- Championship tennis facility
- Equestrian facility
- Designer stores & boutiques
- Fine-dining restaurants
- Extensive convention & meeting space
- Two multi-acre water parks
- Numerous and varied pools
- Exclusive beach clubs (completed)
- Kids’ club
- Five-star concierge service